POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Free will : Re: Free will Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free will
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jan 2010 16:11:13
Message: <4b5f5a71$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> Which means that 'I' still has free-will.

I don't think they waved anything off at all. That's why I said you have to
ask what the words "free will" mean before you can discuss whether you have
it. I would think there are people who would say that the ability to predict
what choice you're going to make before you yourself even know what that
choice is indicates a lack of free will.  *I* don't agree with that stance,
but that's because that isn't how I define free will.

I thought the idea that someone else knows your decision significantly
sooner than you do is a pretty strange idea.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do